Fostering stakeholder alignment and buy-in at Portland State University
How might stakeholders align on core principles and establish buy-in for transformation?
- Shared core principles and established buy-in through feedback sessions, surveys, and town halls
- Offered candid reflections through provost’s blog
- Made progress transparent through student success initiatives posted online
- Implemented performance-based budgeting process to increase transparency around resource allocation
- Empowered leaders “to get stuff done” in service of academic innovation and student success
- Used data to identify gaps to inform prioritization of student success projects
- Looked to ideas from the “outside,” both from other campuses and other sectors
- Used design thinking as a way to incorporate student experiences
A transformation journey enabled by a commitment to inclusivity and transparency, visionary leadership, new insights from data, and implementation capacity.
Ready to take action?