Leveraging communication and building culture at Indian River State College
How might we communicate and build our culture?
- Addressed concerns or uncertainty directly
- Instituted a six-to-nine month inspirational leadership academy that all supervisors attended at least once
- Gained buy-in across campus, with a focus on faculty
- Delivered training and cross-training across departments
- Shared results through a mix of channels (e.g., individual meetings, departmental meetings)
Indian River now has a strong foundation in change-management approaches; these robust practices allow for empowered shared governance.