Realigning academic pathways at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
How might academic and career pathways be realigned so students can more easily sign up for courses and set a straight path to their credentialing goals?
- Redesigned and better aligned operations, processes, policies, and systems related to course registration
- Joined the American Association of Community College’s Pathways Project
- Followed a structured framework
- Mapped pathways to student end goals
- Helped students enter a pathway
- Kept students on a pathway
- Ensured students learned
- Hired a Career Pathways Coordinator to implement and scale initiative
- Coordinated with local high schools so students gained high school and college credit simultaneously
The college developed more focused pathways to help students gain the necessary academic and career credentials to be successful post-college.
Ready to take action?